Nestled in a sheltered, secluded nook above Tryphena harbour, Two Two Eight Shoal Bay Road is a well-appointed house with personality. Perched on the hillside, the living spaces are at tree top level with panoramic views through the mature pohutukawa trees into the sea and across the harbour.
Kahawai, stingrays and dolphins can all be seen swimming by, and kaka, tui, white eyes, morepork and fantails thrive in the native bush. A track leads down to a sheltered beach below the house and a short walk away is Mulberry Grove Beach and Pa Beach.
Two Two Eight offers the best of both worlds – private, secluded and peaceful yet a short walk from cafes, the Currach Irish Pub and local shops. The house is designed for relaxation – lounge on the large deck and watch the sunset or enjoy the spacious living area with just the sounds of nature.
- Fully equipped get-away-from-it-all beach house
- Panoramic views from wrap-around decks
- Off-the-grid with solar power, filtered rain-filled tank water, eco-friendly sewage system
- Open plan dining, living, and kitchen with a separate office nook
- Gas stove and electric fridge, and fully equipped kitchen
- 1 double bedroom, 1 twin bedroom and a separate sleep area with a single bed
- Linen provided
- Modern bathroom with shower and bath
- Wifi and internet, reasonable mobile reception
- Washing machine
- Board games and toys, body boards, books for entertainment
Gallery: (click to enlarge...)
Tariff for up to 2 guests:
April – Nov $250 per night - 3 night minimum stay
December - March $320 per night - 3 night minimum stay
* Extra guest $25 per night to a maximum of 5 guests
* A one off cleaning and linen fee of $80 applies to all bookings.